This is the first gaming configuration in the lower budget category.
Yes it’ll play Starcraft, Diablo, Skyrim, Battlefield and other taxing games.. at a modest setting (except for porn, you’ll get 1080p with the correct video format). This configuration has a very optimal processing power, fine quality Radeon HD 6670 entry-level gaming video card and still-modern DDR3-1600 memory. What could be better than that ? Plus it’s only $30 more than the previous $480 Home / Work / Entertainment PC build!
On the scale of honesty, let’s admit the fact that the Dual-Core i3 2120 from the other system is slightly faster than AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 in many synthetic tests, however actual world performance does not only depend on the processor alone. Daily computer users could barely notice the difference between these two comparable processors. We may surrender an insignificant processing power on purpose for a better gaming experience, but that helps us stay within the budget.
The trade off opens possibility for a dedicated graphics card, higher bandwidth memory, a more reliable Corsair power supply unit (The Differences between All Corsair Power Supply Units). What else makes it a gaming computer? A handsome case, the Corsair Carbide 300R :)
The 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz (pair of 4GB) is the sweet spot for both balance and latency of memory units. The reason we go with higher bandwidth is to prevent unnecessary bottleneck that may occur during system buffering, and the latency is still CL9. I recommended to throw in a Solid State Drive in the near future to further enhance the overall performance.
- Frequency: 3.6/3.8GHZ (Base/Overdrive)
- Cores: 4
- Cache: 4/8MB (L2/L3)
- Socket Type: AM3+
- 2 x DIMM, max. 16GB, DDR3 1866(OC)/1600(OC)/1333/1066 MHz support
- Integrated ATI Radeon 3000 support hybrid CrossfireX and DirectX10
- 100% Solid Capacitor - High-quality conductive polymer capacitors for durability, improved...
- ASUS Core Unlocker - Unlock the Potential, Turbo-charge your Potential
- 8GB Kit including two 4GB modules of 1600MHz Class 9 DDR3 Desktop Memory
- Utilizes HyperX module with faster latency timing for higher performance and speed
- Specifically designed and tested for compatibility in various makes and models of desktop...
- From the industry leader in PC memory
- Chipset: Radeon HD6670
- Core Clock: 800 MHz
- Video Memory: 1GB DDR3
- Stream Processors: 480
- IntelliSeek: Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and...
- Data LifeGuard: Advanced algorithms monitor your drive continuously so it stays in optimum...
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology: Safely positions the recording head off the disk surface to...
- 2-year seller waranty
- Room for graphics cards up to 450mm long. / USB 3.0 front panel connectors.
- Built-in compatibility for SSDs in the four hard drive bays gives you the flexibility you...
- Keep your system cool with up to 7 fan mount locations.
- Easily accessible dust filters keep the cool air flowing over your valuable components
- An ultra-quiet 120mm fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by...
- 80 Plus certified to deliver 80% efficiency or higher at normal load conditions (20% to...
- A dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with the latest components.
- Over-voltage,over-power protection,under-voltage protection,short circuit protection...
Alternate Options : These following products are potential substitutes for the original specs. Since building your own custom computer means you get thousands of flexible combination, I do my best to give you a guideline to narrow down what components you need to fit your demand and budget. You do not have to exactly stick with my advice. You can extend, modify and change parts as you would like to but all the parts here are carefully considered to stay under a price range that was defined. If you stray away too far, just be sure that all hardware are compatible to one another. Ok, now go have some fun!
- Case Type: ATX Mid Tower
- Material: Plastic, Steel
- M/B Type: Standard ATX /MicroATX
- External Bay: 3x 5.25", 1x 3.5", Internal Bay: 5x 3.5", 1x 2.5"
- Fully black-coated interior.
- High opening-ratio front mesh design to accelerate cool air intake.
- One included 120mm Blue LED rear exhaust fan with ability to upgrade to up to 4 fans.
- Massive expandability:10 drive bays (4 x 5.25" ODD bays, 1 front accessible 3.5" bay, 4...
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support
- 1000 MHz Effective Memory Clock and 1620 MHz Shader Clock
- 2048 MB 64-bit DDR3 Memory
- PCI Express 2.0
- 128-bit DDR5 Memory
- dual slot vga card
- pci express 3.0
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
- Core Clock: 400 MHz
- Video Memory: 1GB GDDR3
- Memory Clock: 1334 MHz
- GEForce GT 440 with 810 MHz core clock
- 1024 MB 128-bit DDR3 memory
- DirectX 11 Support Done Right
- Blu-ray 3D Support