(Last Revised 8/22/2012)
The Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H Motherboard provides plenty of modern features such as SATA III 6gbps ports, USB 3.0 ports, PCI Express 2.0 and a set of DVI, HDMI, VGA outputs. Even the budget is fixed for a sub-400, you will find the beauty of building your own custom PC shines brightly. Usually any $400 branded system would look a little crappy with outdated components but it does not apply to this configuration.
The Intel 2nd Gen (Sandy Bridge) processor was a very successful launch for Intel. The Intel i3 2120 Processor we use here carries outstanding performance and great integrated graphics processing potential. It is also way ahead of the previous contender from the $300 custom system build in term of raw power offerings.
You should also find it very easy and simple to connect up to two monitors for this system. One monitor on the DVI or VGA outputs and the TV can be seamlessly hooked to HDMI port.
It will be a fast and decent machine for HD playbacks, some 3D games as well as simple photo/audio editing. The integrated Intel HD 2000 graphics chipset can take quite a few challenges at hand but it does have it limits. When you find the need to upgrade the system, the motherboard’s PCI Express slot will be able available for any modern discrete video card.
Custom PC Guide .net offers the Graphics Cards Comparison chart to help choose a best fit video card, be sure to make use of it when you must :D
On a small little note, this configuration has increased the storage capacity to a more spacing unit, along with a more powerful power supply to prepare for any future upgrades.
This lovely system will be a keeper for fairly good time ahead.
Intel Core i3-2120 Dual-Core Processor 3.3 GHz 3 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80623I32120
- Process Type: Intel Core i3 Processor i3-2120 Frequency: 3.3 GHz DMI: 5 GT/s
- Intel Smart Cache: 3 MB Process: 32 nm Socket: LGA1155
- Power Consumption: 65 W Max Memory Bandwidth: 21 GB/s Graphics Base Frequency: 850 MHz
- Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency: 1.1 GHz This processor is a Dual Core ProcessorGigabyte Intel H77 LGA1155 AMD CrossFireX HDMI/DVI Dual UEFI BIOS mATX Motherboard GA-H77M-D3H
- CPU: Support for Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1155 package....
- Memory: 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 32 GB of system memory. Dual channel...
- Audio: VIA VT2021 codec. LAN: Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit).
- Support for AMD CrossFireX technology. Expansion Slots: 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running...on saleWD Blue 500GB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6 Gb/s 16MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD5000AAKX
- IntelliSeek: Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and...
- Data LifeGuard: Advanced algorithms monitor your drive continuously so it stays in optimum...
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology: Safely positions the recording head off the disk surface to...
- 2-year seller warantyKingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit (PC3 12800) 240-Pin SDRAM KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
- 8GB Kit including two 4GB modules of 1600MHz Class 9 DDR3 Desktop Memory
- Utilizes HyperX module with faster latency timing for higher performance and speed
- Specifically designed and tested for compatibility in various makes and models of desktop...
- From the industry leader in PC memory
Thermaltake V3 Black Edition SECC/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case VL80001W2Z (Black)
- Fully black-coated interior.
- High opening-ratio front mesh design to accelerate cool air intake.
- One included 120mm Blue LED rear exhaust fan with ability to upgrade to up to 4 fans.
- Massive expandability:10 drive bays (4 x 5.25" ODD bays, 1 front accessible 3.5" bay, 4...Cooler Master Elite Power - 460W Power Supply (RS460-PSARI3-US)
- EMI & Noise filter built in design.
- Multiple protection design(OVP/OCP/OPP/SCP).
- More than 70% efficiency at typical load operation.
- Compliance with the newest Intel standard ATX 12V V2.3
Recommended Reading : Choosing an AMD or Intel Processor for Your Custom Computer